Thursday, January 12, 2012

Appilcat* (for Applicat*)

It's a well-known fact that cats like to climb trees (from which they traditionally require extrication on occasion by the local fire department). I had an apple tree on my property as a kid that I also liked to climb. I would bring my latest library book with me and settle into a well-worn crook for a sun-dappled, sweetly scented read. (I love this antique picture of a young girl going out on a limb for a book.) Those of you who prefer to do your reading via an online application may know that cats are notorious for liking your computer as well (perhaps it's the mouse... ;^) and will stretch right out on the keyboard if you let them. There were three cases of Appilcat* in OhioLINK this morning and 52 in WorldCat.

(Cat in an apple tree, 23 June 2006, from Wikimedia Commons.)

Carol Reid

No comments: